This off-road class will be approximately 4 hours in length. We will begin at Swartz Canyon, just outside of Prineville about 15 minutes or so. There is ample parking there and a great location for all the things we will be covering during the training. You can truck / trailer out to this location or ride from the hotel if you are staying in town Thursday night.
Lunch will be provided, typically a variety of sub sandwiches from Subway or the like.
There will also be plenty of water and Gatorade to keep you hydrated during the training and a cold beverage at the end of the day.... so don't worry about packing a cooler. We will have a couple of EZ-UP tents set up and tools on hand for any adjustments you might want to make to your bike. The goal of the training is to improve on your current skill-set and make you a better overall off-road rider.
A few key points that will be covered:
Engine off basics:
- Bike setup and maintenance - basic overview (20 min)
- Setting suspension and making adjustments (know your sag!) (10 min)
- Body position for various terrain to be encountered (5 min)
- Safety and awareness while on the trail and during exercises (10 min)
On the bike:
- Starting and stopping with purpose (20 min)
- Sand, Rocks, Roots... embrace them all (20 min)
- Break (15 min)
- Corners and turning (both sitting and standing) (30 min)
- Hill climb and descent (30 min)
- Whoops... learn to love em. (20 min)
Lunch and Learn:
- "On the Trail" Tire changing basics... preparation is key
- Repeat demonstration of "on the bike" lessons learned. (30 min)
- Practice and individual coaching (30 min)